You will never see me get excited about Retro design. Reason being I had my first home during that era. Some of you may faint when you find out that I threw away such as
a sofa like this one,
a unit that separated my dining room and living room like this one,
a chair like this one,
I even had a Trim Phone just like this one,
I spent my maternity grant from my 2nd child on a colour TV with a white cabinet just like this one,
God forbid I even owned one of these,
my wallpaper was big, bright and bold just like this,
you hadn't arrived unless you owned a Denby Arabesque dinner service, I owned one,
I threw away a fridge just like this, it was rubbish by the way, it kept everything warm,
I owned lots of bowls by Grete Prytz Kittelsen,
I was bought a Le Creuset casserole dish as a wedding present in 1968 (child bride), I still use it regularly (some things never go out of fashion),
I had one of the first Lava Lamps by Edward Craven Walker and was ecstatic when I become the proud owner of
one of the first Fibre Optic Lamps.
So the reason I don't get excited about Retro Design is that I Have Been There and Done That.